Sunday, July 15, 2018

Rainbow Tulips

I had purchased the Paper Smooches Garden Blooms dies a while back, just pulled them out to play with and made a card...
 I thought these flower dies were so fun looking!  I've simply used them, today, with only the die cut outline/border.  These flowers can have a variety of looks, depending on what/how many pieces of the flowers you choose to use and how you choose to color them!!  I chose to use 7 different colored pieces of cardstock, die cut and layered the tulips once with white and the top two layers, the color of the flower.
I adhered them to a card that I had stamped a My Favorite Things sentiment onto, as well as some Tonic black crystal drops in between the sentiment.  You might be asking...why THAT sentiment?  Well, even if you weren't asking, here's why:)!  I had to look through MANY birthday sentiments until I found one, this one, that fit 3 across the card perfectly for this design.  They had to fit without running off the card, but had to be long enough to fit below all the flowers, and have no partial sentiments...I had a "look" in mind, and this one was the only "happy birthday" that fit all the requirements:)!  Simple design "looks" simple, but sometimes takes a bit of work, as simple can be complicated!!  Here's a close up...
 Flowers, Rainbows, a birthday, and simple design...aaahhhhh...happiness in my heart!!!  What fun!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Lisa..what did you use for adhesive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I used glossy accents to adhere the layers of each flower, and a touch of the glossy accents on both sides of the flowers that are laying on top of two of the others. To adhere the tulips to the card, I used my Tombow adhesive runner. Hope this makes sense...:)!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!!!!

      Delete
  2. Love it, Lisa!! What a great way to use a die and create such an easy card. Thanks for sharing your talent. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an eye-catching card. Who doesn't love color and tulips. Simple and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique card design! Love reading your explanation of the choice of sentiment for it. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely clean looking card (hope you know what I mean) sometimes less is actually more Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  6. You explained your design process so well, Lin! Indeed, quite often our most Caslicious cards take a lot of thought and care in execution! That shows here with your sweet rainbow tulips and perfect sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa