Monday, May 28, 2018

Leafy Circles...Under and Over

I used the pretty new Simon Says Stamp , Leafy Circle die, to make a couple cards...
The first one is the "under, the color is under the die cut...black being a little atypical for a leafy wreath, but I loved the thought of black and gold...kind of classy, so I went with it.  Below shows you what I did.  I layered the panel with one die cut underneath, I embossed the die onto black cardstock for definition, and detail, and layered the sentiment in gold over the circle...
Here's a close up...I like how the leaves have defined lines...a little added definition on a clean and simple card...
 The other card, the "over", is a bit more expected, I just couldn't resist a shout out to my favorite time of year(wishing with all the warm temps here in VA, that it WAS Autumn, but even with summer still to come, it will be here before you know it).  Love having a Fall colored card ready for the Fall...
 I used 4 colors of cardstock, layered each leaf twice, no it wasn't hard...watching tv and not doing much, so SUPER FUN figuring out the color placement as I went, adhering with my glossy accents.  I DID stamp the new Deco Diamonds stamp for a background...LOVE the subtle look of this stamp...can be used on any, and will be used on MANY of my cards!  I used the new Four Seasons die and sentiment stamp set under the Leafy Circle in the same color as one of the leaf colors.  Here's a close up of the leaves...
This was so much fun to use these pretty leaves....the possiblities are huge!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa