Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happy Birthday Wishes

If you've been around my blog for any length of time, you know how much I love rainbows.  My son's name is Noah and there's Noah and the ark, and the rainbow is one of God's promises...put the two together, and rainbows are incredibly special to me!!  I have used the new Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday die to make a card for someone's special day...in a rainbow!!... 
I just want to say...I absolutely LOVE this die!!!!  The font is so universal, I already have ideas for a couple more cards that are both guy and girl cards using this die.  The "BIRTHDAY" die font is sooooooooo cool, it is easy to work with and is just so amazing looking...what's not to love??!!  The die is 3 1/2" long, so I used 7 colored strips each 1/2" wide cut from the Doodlebug pad of rainbow patterned papers, and die cut the sentiments from the strips that I had adhered to a piece of thin cardstock(LOVE this pad of papers, too...wow...a card full of love:)!!!).  I then layered the pieces of the die cut (the birthday comes in 3 pieces...fun!!), and adhered them to an embossed card, that I made using the Simon die, Mod Circle Frame.  I added a "wishes" sentiment and 3 jewel dots made with the very cool and pretty  Tonic Nuvo Jewel Drops.  Here's a close up...
Ok...super fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, happy card, Lisa. You've gotten me hooked on your favorite patterned paper pads! The embossed die looks fantastic. And, I'm with you regarding the awesome font of the happy birthday die. Thanks for the inspiration. Your creations are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this die and only think to use it to cut and piece paper with - thanks so much for showing how great it looks like this! Happy Birthday, Noah. Love your name and the promise it holds so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card! What a great way to use this die. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rainbow die cut, and the font in the birthday die is such a fun one! Cleverly embossed background too, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a colorful happy card. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a joyful birthday card with this wonderful rainbow sentiment !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa