Sunday, July 23, 2017

Inspired Hexagon Birthday

Another card made with the Simon Says Stamp Perfect Shapes dies, and Thoughtful Messages stamp set...
I wasn't sure how to best use the hexagons for a card, so I googled hexagon art, and found the pic below...IN LOVE!!...
I used one large gold hexagon on the bottom, then 2 large black hexagons minus their middles, then used 2 layered smaller white hexagons on the top of the black layered hexagon...yes, a lot of die cut hexagons...but it goes fast!!  I stamped the one sentiment and clear embossed, then stamped the "happy" with versa mark and gold embossed.  
 Here's a pic of the die cut gold, white and black hexagons, and up in the right corner, you can see that I used washi tape to tape the nested hexagons together so all the hexagons would be die cut identically...
 Here's a close up of the hexagons and the sentiment...
Not sure I'm ready to put these dies away, yet...having too...much...FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa. This would make a great card for men. As you say a lot of die cutting but a lovely end result. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea, with great results, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card makes such a statement, Lisa. The color palette you used is perfect. This design would be great for a masculine card. I'm not sure why it's so hard to come up with masculine card ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous retro pattern! You've gotta love the 70s - I'm sure we had similar wallpaper in our dining room!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa