Thursday, August 18, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch 186...Fall Leaves Thanks

There's a new sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch!  Here's my card and this week's sketch...
(I edited my card and moved my leaves a little lower to go a bit better with the sketch.)

Feeling in a "Fall" mood today...even though the heat index is in triple digits here in Virginia...ugh.  I used watercolor paper, watercolors, and Impression Obsession die, to make my leaves.  I colored the paper, then die cut.  I do think this is a first in maybe forever, or at least in a LONG time...I DIDN'T LAYER THE LEAVES!!  Watercolor paper is pretty thick anyway, but I thought they looked more like delicate leaves with single layers.  I added Lawn Fawn's Stitched borders(all of them still attached to one another)on an angle for the bottom of the card.  The sentiments are by Altenew.  Here's a close up...
I just can't get enough of these sketches, of late...SUCH FUN!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

**EDITED**
Thank you so much, ladies, for the recognition of my card as a FAVORITE for this week's challenge...

...you made MY week!!!

15 comments:

  1. It's in the high 90s here in Georgia...but I am so ready for fall! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love the Fall colors and the almost hidden stitcheing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the movement the leaves create on your card Lisa. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leaves, great colours.
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use those border dies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome card! I am ready for fall also. We are at the OR beach & it is almost 90 here!! Glad we are not inland today. I love the border dies on this one & the gorgeous leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great take on the sketch - love your use of those MFT stitching dies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, pretty card! I just uploaded mine and realized that we had the same ideas (fall and stitching). I was just in the mood for a fall card like you and wanted to do some stitching (inspired by Jennifer McGuire).
    Have a lovely day
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

  10. What a beautiful Fall card! I love the white textured background and the bright color on the leaves! You've got perfect balance in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the great detail you got by adding the border dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such a pretty card. You work is gorgeous as usual

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fantastic ... I don't think there is a die I love more than leafy ones! Thanks for playing cards with us this week at CTS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your autumnal take on the sketch--those leaves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa