Sunday, February 21, 2016

Birthday Flowers

 I used the new Simon Says Stamp Patterned Swatches stamp set for my patterned background for my flowers.  I used a flower punch by EK Success for my flower, and layered the flower 3 times...not adhering the whole flower to the one underneath...just attaching each with a tiny glue dot...thought these flowers looked cute kind of with uneven separated layers.  Here's a close up...
I DID use a T-ruler to make sure my squares were straight when I die cut the Simon stitched squares that show on the card.  I used a Papertrey Ink senitment from Keep it Simple Birthday II.  Here's another view of the flowers and squares...
An easy way to make these squares and flowers...stamp the Simon Swatch and right next to it, swipe the ink pad on the cardstock which you will use to punch/die cut your flowers.  The punch I used, EK Success small retro flower punch, allowed me to punch 3 flowers from the one swipe...PERFECT!!  I die cut the squares with a Simon Stitched Square die.
This was such a fun way to spend a Sunday morning!!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card... Love the flowers... Really lovely card...,
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card Lisa. I just love your work. You continue to amaze me. I wish we were neighbors so I could soak up some of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa