Thursday, September 18, 2014

Daisies and Sunflowers...One Die!

I made an anniversary card for my Hannah and Nic (4 years...how time flies...and traditional 4th year remembrance is flowers...daisies are happy flowers!!), AND I was commissioned by my other daughter for a sympathy card for her and her co workers (I chose 3 sunflowers as there are three of them in her office, and they had sent a Willow Tree figurine with sunflowers in remembrance).  I used the My Favorite Things Upsy Daisy dies for both...thought it so cool how you could use a daisy die for daisies AND sunflowers, so just HAD to show you both!!...
 Used a chevron die and sentiment from Papertrey Ink and some EK Success stick on hearts.  Thought the yellow hearted paper from Lawn Fawn perfect for the centers.  Here's a close up...

Then, the sunflowers!  My daughter had liked this card of mine...
SO...I changed it up a bit, making the flowers SUNflowers...long/tall flowers...layered for thickness...thought it looked more "sunflowerish"...I used the larger center, designed for the larger daisy on this smallest flower...makes it LOOK like a sunflower...
This 3 flower layout is GREAT for ANY three flower design!!   The sentiment is from a set from Cat's Meow which is no longer in business:(...love the dotted centers of the daisy dies...they look like sunflower centers...
OK...just thought you should know that just because it "says" daisies, doesn't mean it can't be something else:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


13 comments:

  1. Love the dimension and the idea of cutting one of the chevrons out of the panel for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I never thought of using that set for sunflowers, but I certainly will now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are so gorgeous. I think I have that flower die set and will now be able to get extra use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards!
    They inspire me!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE the black and chevron and daisy card!! Fabulous other cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to use the same die for both flowers, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The anniversary card is too fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those sunflowers. What a fabulous anniversary card. Those sunflowers pop on the gray and black. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lesson on stretching your dies! Your cards are lovely. The depth and texture are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that anniversary card - those daisies have such an impact there!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa