Sunday, November 26, 2023

Mid Century Holiday Plate

I have used the very cool new Simon Says Stamp Mid Century Holiday Plate die from their All the Joy release, to make a couple Christmas cards!
I decided to use two shades of red and two shades of green shapes on my cards...traditional Christmas colors.  The first card, the pieces sit IN the die cut panel.  On the second card, I layered and adhered the shapes ONTO a card panel that I had embossed the plate image on, so they are raised! 
I die cut one frame, and adhered it to a piece of cardstock with adhesive all over it.  I then placed the pieces into the die cut spaces, and adhered two more layers of die cut frames over it.  I did make the frame a bit larger than an A2 card...liked the bit of space around the edges.  I added a die cut and layered sentiment, and adhered it to a black background made from glossy cardstock.  Here's a close up...
The second one, I embossed the design on a piece of cardstock and adhered layered pieces onto the designated spots on the embossed piece...
This card is an A2...my attempt to see how it would look if I made it "as is".  This one may have taken a bit more time than the first one, as I had to layer each piece...but SO...MUCH...FUN!!  Here's a close up...
Hope your Thanksgiving was delicious and full of fun!! Have had family here...chaos, but so much fun! Onward Christmas!!  
                                                 Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa