Saturday, July 29, 2023

Just a Note Blog Hop Day 2!

I am so excited and thrilled to be a part of today's Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop over at the Simon Blog!  I am, with a wonderful group of artists, helping celebrate the new Just a Note release!  I have used the beautiful new Super Sunflower Plate and the Retro Wishes stamp/die set sentiments, to make three cards using the plate die and sentiments in some different ways...

I love sunflowers!  This die has beautiful sunflowers and is so versatile!  The sentiments are such a cool font and come with dies, so they are a perfect fit for me and for these cards!...
This first card, I simply die cut the plate, colored with markers, and adhered to a piece of light gray cardstock!  I chose to layer the frame with two more layers, of  simply the frame.  To do this, I hand cut the flowers and leaves off of the frame, adhered the frames together, and adhered them to the full, colored plate, keeping all the flowers and leaves to create more cards with!   I added the sentiment, that I had stamped with two shades of brown ink...the darker first, then a bunch of stamping with the lighter shade(all done in my MISTI).  I layered it, and adhered. I also gently bent the petals of the flowers to give them some dimension...love that about the design of these flowers and leaves!   Here's a close up....

Then, I took the "leftovers" of the first card, plus one more die cut plate, and made two more cards..
For this first one, I used two of the flowers from the plate for each sunflower.  I used the leaves from the right side of the plate die, one set of leaves for each flower.  I colored, layered, bent the petals, and then adhered to a split panel of white with a sentiment from the same set as the first, and a scrap piece of cardstock with embossed lines.  Here's a close up...

The other "leftover" is my kind of clean and simple...
I used one of the flowers from the plate die, with a stem and a leaf, and used a second one to layer on top of it.  I die cut a circle on a panel, and stamped yet another of the pretty sentiments from the Retro Wishes stamp set.  I poppe up the panel on the card and adhered the flower into the circle!  Here's a close up...
Okay...I had SO much fun!!  My fun was above, your fun is below!!
Simon is generously giving a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from our comment sections, so the more hop blogs you comment on, the more chances you will have to win!  Winners will be chosen and posted on the Simon Blog on Wednesday, August 2nd, so make sure you check the Simon Blog on the 2nd, to see if you are a winner!!  If you are a winner, you can email Simon to claim your prize!
The list of participants in today's hop are listed below...

Simon Says Stamp Blog 

Nina-Marie Trapani

Caly Person

Debby Hughes

Amy Rysavy

Emily Midgett

                                    Lisa Addesa<-----You are Here!😊

Heather Hoffman

Lea Lawson

Bobbi Lemanski

Jennifer Kotas

Sandi MacIver

Barb Engler

Allison Frazier

Maura Hibbitts


Two things before I end my post...There was another hop, yesterday, hope you will check it out at the Simon Blog!  There is a whole bunch more inspiration and more chances for you to comment and possibly win one of the $25 coupons!  

The second thing, please don't forget about the offer in the banner at the top of my post!  The offer is for a free Handcrafted with Love stamp set!  There are directions on how to do that in the banner above...follow the three steps and the stamp set is yours for FREE, until the end of the day on July 30th or until supplies last!!
Thank you so much for stopping by, and please keep on hopping!  
Hugs!!  Lisa

92 comments:

  1. these are absolutely stunning Lisa, such great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful field of sunflowers, Lisa! Three gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Beautiful card set💜💜💜🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of cards! I love that you mixed it up by cutting the flowers into different patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sunflowers, especially in the Fall and I'm loving the sets in this release. Your cards are so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. barbara lassiterJuly 29, 2023

    Beautiful and these sunflowers are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauryne CunninghamJuly 29, 2023

    Wow! I love the different designs you created with this sunflowers die! They are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunflower cards with so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sunflowers. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing how many different looks can be made with this one die. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty cards. The last one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful designs very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea RobertJuly 29, 2023

    These sunflower die cuts are wonderful, and these cards are a great idea for me to send to my DIL who is Ukrainian!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! These cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love sunflowers, they warm my heart. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty cards. I love sunflowers

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are so cute! The 2nd one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Beautiful!!!! I love the different looks you got from 1 die!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!!! I love the different looks you got from 1 die!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You created some great looks. I like the three on the card. Shading was beautiful. Sunflowers always make me smile 😀

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers, I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh what cheerful cards! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the unique layouts and the Super Sunflower Plate is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great group of sunflower cards. I love sunflowers and your cards are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dianne SwansonJuly 29, 2023

    Lisa, I would not have thought of layering the frame and what a good idea that is. I like the bit of brown embossed paper on the one card, like the flowers on the white background best and feel that all three cards are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG what spectacular cards - LOVE the texture and layering on them

    ReplyDelete
  28. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    So neat and clean! Love the dimensional look!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Connie HostakJuly 29, 2023

    This sunflower cover plate is everything, and I am taking copious notes on the creative ways you have used it here! Such pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so pretty! You are so good at using white space!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The sunflowers are amazing! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    I love the bold sunflowers! Thanks for showing many different ways to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Every one of those cards is just sunshine in an envelope. How lucky the recipient of such love and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such happy cards! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  35. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Bright and sunny cards! Kris Boydstun artbringsmejoy@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. The more I see the sunflower cover die, the more I want it!! I love what you did with it, and making it more versatile. My resolve not to spend any $$ is weakening! Great job on all the cards....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look so realistic!
    Love the woodgrain look of the first card.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sunflowers & creations of yours are a fav of mine.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  39. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Lovely set of cards, love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Debbie OganJuly 29, 2023

    SO beautiful! They would make a lovely gift set

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love these! Sunflowers are a favorite of mine, and yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great cards, a different look to each!

    ReplyDelete
  43. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Love you card.

    ReplyDelete
  44. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Love you card.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Janice AnelloJuly 29, 2023

    Your sunflowers are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I purchased the 2 Sunflowers from the last release so it's no surprise that I love these cards. They are lovely. I could use some fall weather, with a vase of Sunflowers and a bowl of chili. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  47. These are all fun cards. I love sunflowers. You've done a nice job mixing up your cards. Appreciate the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Tammy@rockinghw.comJuly 29, 2023

    I appreciate you showed the versatility of the set 😍thanks 🙌🏼

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love all ways you used the sunflowers! Such great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lynn ChanJuly 29, 2023

    These sunflowers are gorgeous!! Love it! The sentiments are so big and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are so fun

    ReplyDelete
  52. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Gorgeous sunflowers, 3 beautiful cards! These would make an adorable gift! So lovely!! Thank you for sharing your talent & ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Nancy PattersonJuly 29, 2023

    Yes good for you, using the scraps and extending supplies to three cards. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  54. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Marisela Delgado said: So pretty. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    I love your cards! Sunflowers are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  56. All of the cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Carla PageJuly 30, 2023

    There is something special about sunflowers 🌻 that I share with my husband, so when I see new cards created with a sunflowers, they makes me happy 😊. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Becky A NicklesJuly 30, 2023

    Great ideas for this die

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love these wonderfully bright happy sunflowers! So many clever designs shows the versatility of these flowers. Thanks so much for the great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. AnonymousJuly 30, 2023

    Ooooo! Just so pretty !! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow, stunning cards with the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love the sunflowers cards. So pretty and lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh how I love those sunflowers, especialy the way you showcased that.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great sunflowers! I love all those ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love the cards, can't decide which one I like more!

    ReplyDelete
  66. These are all great cards, but I love the CAS circle card the best!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Great cards... I love sunflowers 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  68. AnonymousJuly 30, 2023

    Beautiful cards. I love them all. I just love sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the sunflowers. the middle card
    is probably my favorite. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love your birthday card. I love clean and simple cards!

    ReplyDelete
  71. AnonymousJuly 30, 2023

    These 3D sunflowers really grabbed my attention.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  72. Denise BryantJuly 30, 2023

    Fabulous cards with these beautiful sunflowers! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Sooooo pretty, all of them! The last design is my favourite. I love sunflowers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the Birthday Wishes card. Very elegant and sunflowers are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Really lovely set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  76. AnonymousJuly 31, 2023

    They’re all terrific. My favorite is the clean and simple one, because of how the sunflower pops.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Ooh these cards are just super pretty!! Love each design and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love how you used this beautiful sunflower background die. You used as intended, then changed the groupings, even to an individual sunflower. Your sunflowers are gorgeous in all of the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Very nicely done! Love those sunflowers and how unique each card is; three masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  80. All of your sunflower cards are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Such a clever way to use these sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks for sharing your beautiful sunflower cards--so many ways you have used them! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  83. LOVE your cards! Thank you for sharing multiple ideas to use one product! so good!

    ReplyDelete
  84. These sunflowers are so beautiful and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Stunningly beautiful cards from this release!!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love all those gorgeous sunflower themed projects! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  87. I really like those sentiment stamps, but I can’t bring myself to buy a set that has such a glaring grammatical error! (So Much Thanks when it should be So Many Thanks or So Much Gratitude). I’d never be able to use that stamp and seeing it on the sheet would annoy me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Oh my gosh, these sunflower cards are simply stunning! I love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa