Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Happiest Birthday Wishes

I used the pretty new Simon Says Stamp Birthday die and Exotic Vines embossing folder, from their And Back Again release, to make a birthday card...
I cut strips of cardstock in a rainbow of colors to try and match the width of each letter of the "birthday" sentiment.  I then adhered them together on a thin piece of cardstock, cut to card size, and ran it through my die cutting machine in the embossing folder.  I then adhered the die cut and layered sentiment onto the colored panel, and added a sentiment strip over die cut.  I also added some tonic drops for some interest. I then popped up the panel on the card.  Here's a close up...
Birthday cards are such fun to make and my most needed cards...had lots of creative fun with this one!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I love ALL your cards! They are beautiful in their simplicity and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! I am so in love with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally pretty and fun! I love the strips matching the letter width!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, love the combination of colours AND the dimension of the embossing folder print.
    Greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card with the colorful embossed strips. I saw it on SSS and had to come tell you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 04, 2022

    Could you tell the width of your strips please. I love the card but don’t want to take guesses at your width if you’d be willing to share. Thank you for your consideration. I just rec’d the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa