Saturday, March 21, 2020

Sunnier Days

Gnome matter what it looks like, gnome matter where you are, sunnier days ARE coming!!  I have made a card with the adorable little gnome with a bird-in-hand, from the new Simon Says Stamp Spring Gnomes stamp/die set from their newest Lucky to Know You release...
I stamped, embossed, die cut, colored and layered the gnome.  I colored the bird a bluebird...my mom  always used to say "the bluebird of happiness", and I wanted some happiness on my card!  I sponged the distress ink onto cardstock and die cut with the Simon Burst die.  I included the metal adaptor plate in my supplies, as I found that to give this very intricate die a really good cut, the metal adaptor plate was critical.  I loved the sentiments in this stamp set, but was wanting something that would speak encouragement...so I chose the Simon Greetings Mix 1 stamp set.  Here's a close up...  
Hang in there, and please stay safe!   We're all in this together and all need to do whatever we can to "flatten the curve"!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring and hopeful in these trying times. The gnome is adorable and we need this sun for sure. Thanks for sharing this happy card and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little guys. I live in a community with a lot of Swedes. Here, they are called Tomtes, or Nisse. Great folklore about them. Your cards are so lovely. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Lisa. I really enjoy when you add some stamping and coloring to your die cut cards. Now I'm going to have to purchase the Gnome stamp set I've been resisting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card, and so would anyone getting this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa