Saturday, January 25, 2020

Simple Birthday Wishes

I used the beautiful new Poppy Stamps Simple Leaf Heart Split Border die to make a birthday card...
I die cut the die, then stamped the sentiment, from Poppy Stamps Birthday Blowout stamp set, love the bold statement this sentiment and it's font make with this design!  I die cut the die a couple more times and adhered under the first die cut.  I chose to stamp some black cardstock with a polka dotted background stamp from My Favorite Things with Versamark, then emboss with copper embossing powder.  I thought the leaf/heart combo would show better with a dark background, and the polka dots are small and many, I just liked it...I thought it brought a cool design to the leaf/heart die. I use this polka dot stamp a lot...and together with metallic embossing, also a love of mine... I think, so cool!!  Here's a close up...
Simple card made with a simple leaf die:)!!  Such sweet fun...sweet, simple fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Simple but stunning!
    Love your polka dot background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another classic. Love the background paper. And that die is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this card is simply perfection!!! LOVE the gold polka dots, your choice of sentiment, and the die cut. Can't wait to try the polka dot background. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with this stunner of a card. Can't beat black and white for a theme of any kind and on this card it came out super! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Love the black and white with the heat embossed polka dot background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, love, love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the die cut and the heat embossed copper polka dots on black - so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card it beautiful, I love how the gold dots make the card pop.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa