Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Rainbow Background Thank You

I used the Simon Says Stamp Thank You Script die to make a rainbow colored thank you card...
This die is pretty, and I love sentiment dies with backgrounds, but the background on this die was one that fits both the "thank" and "you", so the background is a bit bigger than the usual sentiment background.  I just wasn't happy with a plain white background, so I opted to color the background with strips of a rainbow of colors from the same paper pad that I used for my last card...well, it WAS out on my desk:)!!  Making the background patterned, I opted for a white sentiment ...I thought it worked:)!   I used strips of the patterned paper a bit bigger than 1/4", adhering them to a thinner cardstock and then running the rainbow striped paper with the background thank you die, through my Big Shot.  I adhered a layered thank you to the rainbow background, and adhered them to a Quilted Hearts stamped background.  I added three die cut and glossy accented hearts , popping up the stitched panel on a card.  Here's a close up...
This card was fun...a heart filled rainbow thank you...oh yeah....
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Just lovely and crisp - as usual! Your idea and technique reminded me of applying washi tape to cardstock - either randomly or in a careful placed pattern - and die cutting it. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s *carefully* placed pattern! {shakes head at either autocorrect or my bad finger-brain connection}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love a rainbow and it's promise. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa