Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Otterly Cute Otter

I have used the Simon Says Stamp Big Picture Book Otter die to make a birthday card...
I die cut the adorable otter with two shades of brown cardstock, black cardstock for the eyes.  I layered the various parts of the otter, to give him some dimension, then layered HIM a few times for some depth. I adhered him to a card with a Simon sentiment from the new set Bone-a-Fide Birthday, and the pun from the Simon Punny Animals stamp set.  I added a dot of white gel pen to each of the otter's eyes...saw it on the samples of this die, and thought it really gave life to the eyes(I think doing this would be GREAT for ALL the picture book animal dies!).  I added a little gift for the otter to hold.  The envelope die by Simon was discontinued, so sorry, but you could probably make one without too much trouble!  I used Sunny Studio patterned paper.  I actually folded a $20 bill and got it into the envelope!!  I would show you, but it just fit, and wanting to give this as a gift, you'll have to trust me...it's in there:)!!  Fun, right?!  Here are a couple close up...this of the top of the otter and the glossy sentiments...
...and here's the envelope/present...
Otterly fun!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! Love his eyes and cute little arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otterly good!Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa