Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Duck the Halls

 A couple weeks ago, I had a funny idea for a Christmas card that  I could not let it go of,  until I made the card...so here it is...
I used the adorable Lawn Fawn Rub-a-Dub stamp/die set along with the new Simply Winter sentiment stamp set!  I decided to combine parts of sentiments from both sets of stamps, cutting the "DECK" off one sentiment and adding the "DUCK" cut from another,  to make a cute funny, punny Christmas sentiment!  I combined those with two of the adorable ducks, along with the Christmas lights from the new Simon Says Stamp stamp/die set, Winter Scene.  I colored the lights with sharpie markers and used Glossy Accents to make the lights "look" like light bulbs.  I layered both the ducks and the bulbs and cut the sentiment stamps and stamped them on a panel.  I made two gray patches on the cards under the duck's feet, to ground the little guys to the card.  I added a small striped panel at the bottom for some added design, and to give more focus to the images and sentiment by making the space between the top and bottom just a bit smaller.  Here's a close up of the glossy lights...
Ok...this was great funny fun...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fantastic, just my sort of humour. Thank you for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super punny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new favorite Most Amusing Card of 2018, Lisa! This is going to keep me smiling all day long!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa