Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Happy Christmas Fun and Classic!

The new Simon Says Stamp Happy Christmas die from the Fun and Festive release is so pretty...I have chosen to showcase it in a fun and then a classic form...
I came to learn that "Happy Christmas" is an expression for Christmas that is commonly used in countries outside the USA, like England and Australia when celebrating Christmas.   I think it is fun, and a great addition to our "Merry", but being a bit foreign to me (hee hee), I made my first card using it as a literal expression for Christmas...HAPPY!!  Happy, to me, means colorful, so I chose 5 bright, fun, happy colors, cut them into strips, adhered then die cut the sentiment from them.  I layered it and adhered it to a white background die cut.  I adhered the whole thing to an embossed piece of cardstock(purchased this way...LOVE!).  Added some enamel dots, here's a close up...
  
The second one, I opted to make a bit more classically with shiny metallic cardstock...
I used the new Simon Outline Snowflakes stamp, stamping on kraft cardstock with white ink for a background for the sentiment.  I also opted to simply use the sentiment without the background sentiment die cut.  I layered the sentiment a couple times and popped up on the same red metallic cardstock and card.  Here's a close up...
This die has a great deal of versatility, and with it's size, it will be the only thing you will need on your Christmas card...pretty and sweet!!  Such fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Such fun indeed! The brown card makes me think of hot chocolate,yummy......

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I never thought of a rainbow Christmas sentiment, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa