Monday, September 25, 2017

Hello with Hearts

My Big Shot BROKE....😩😞😔😖...creating has temporarily come to a halt!!  You say...it's just a die cutter...well, for me, it's like being a Baker without an oven!! Yes, I DO stamp😆, but even accenting stamping or die cutting stamped images...it is scary how much I depend on this machine!!!   I ordered a machine from Walmart(2 day free delivery...)...only thing was, when I picked it up and took it home, I found I had ordered a Big Shot without a PLATFORM!!  This will be my third machine...who knew a Big Shot would come WITHOUT a PLATFORM?????!!!!!  NOT ME!!  It DID come with a thick Sizzix die......REALLY???...THAT didn't help me as I had thrown away all the worn pieces of my old one when I knew I was getting a new machine.  Yes, I now know to THOROUGHLY READ the description of whatever I am purchasing!!!  So, I'm waiting for a two day Amazon delivery for a machine WITH a platform...until then, I have a card to share with you that I made over a week ago, that I hadn't put on my blog yet...all dies...need I say more???...
I used a Memory Box die, Triple Stitched Heart die(I think it is retired, but I just got it), and the Mama Elephant Hello Script die.  I layered the "hello" and glossy accented it.  The Memory Box heart die has three hearts, 
I extetended the die to make five hearts, extending it across the card.  I did this by die cutting the three hearts in the middle of the panel, and then placing the die over the end two (doing this for each side) and die cutting once more to get an extra heart on each side.  I made another 5 heart strip and layered underneath the top panel, and then adhered colored die cut hearts that I had cut from the die.  Here's a close up...
Fun...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

18 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love this because it's so fresh-looking. Also think layering the sentiment is really effective. Is that tricky getting the layers 'just so'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Layering, as with most anything...the more you do it, the better you get...practice makes perfect?!...the thicker the sentiment, too, the easier it is...this sentiment is thin, but thicker than some I've worked with, so if you're starting out layering, experiment with thicker dies to get more positive practice under your belt...:)

      Delete
    2. As Lisa says, practice makes perfect (or close to it)! It can be tricky but so worth the effort. The wider dies as opposed to those delicate dies are MUCH easier.

      Delete
  2. Oh no...I can't even imagine life without my Big Shot. I didn't buy one for the longest time because of the cost, which is very reasonable, but a lot of money for me. It was the best money, by far, I have spent on my card making addiction. Your card is beautiful, as always. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card with the stitched dies and rainbow hearts. So pretty. I had to laugh when I read about how your new Big Shot didn't come with a platform because I had done the same thing with other products. Sometimes I assume too much instead of carefully reading the description. I hope you're back in business soon. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - so bright and fresh! I hope you get sorted for die cutting soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No platform??? Who woulda thought! How did your machine break? The card you posted is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it apart after the handle refused to move, thinking it may need to be oiled and found that 2 of the teeth of the handles cog wheel had broken off...not surprising for how much and hard I use my machine...but not fixable with oil:(!...:)

      Delete
  6. How do you get the color behind the hearts? Do you cover it so when the card is opened you don't see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hearts are die cut hearts from the same die used for the white panel. I simply put adhesive(tombow) on the backs of the hearts, carefully layed them onto the back of the panel(each in a heart window), and put the panel up to the card in the position I wanted then pressed the colored hearts down onto the card...hope that makes sense...:)

      Delete
  7. YIKES Lisa!! Sounds like you will be back in action very very soon. Hang in there!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fresh look of this card and loved reading your Big Shot story! I think we all felt your pain and frustration. So which Big Shot did you end up buying from Amazon? I'm so amazed my Big Shot has held up so well over the years, but I do look the new ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layers with your dies, Lisa! For years before card making, I had a Silhouette for scrapbooking. I thought I would never need a Big Shot - Boy, was I wrong! Can't imagine a crafty life without it! I would never imagine one to come without a platform!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card. So sorry about your Big Shot! I'm still using my original & hope it doesn't give up on me. I, too, would be lost w/out one. Hope everything works out with your Amazon delivery and your back in action soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! Another wonderful die cut and layered card. Simple (that's a compliment!) and delicious and the same time. Sorry for asking AGAIN, but you are the Queen of layering ... What kind of white paper do you use when layering and the die cutting the panel? What thickness? I've tried and failed, even though I've used the metal plate. Maybe my panel is too thick. In metric measured I've used about 220 gr (I THINK that's about 80 lb.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS! Sorry to hear about your Big Shot. Whats the point of skipping the platform? Absolutely pointless, in my ears. Life without a BS is unimaginable is you are a crafter. Hope the new one arrives soon, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like you I went into a panic when my Big Shot died...lol...life without die cutting isn't a life...lol...Got mine at Scrapbooking.com on sale for less then $90 all included plus a set of Sizzix stitched hearts...good deal just when I needed it...not a week after I bought a new one...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can still buy this die at Dies R Us. I just picked one up! Great card. Good luck with the machine replacement.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa