Friday, October 25, 2013

Christmas Tags Round 1

I don't know what exactly possessed me, but I went on a Christmas tag binge!!  My daughter in Nashville loves tags for her presents, and seeing as a challenge at CAS-ual Fridays last year was my first attempt at making tags, I thought I'd start early and make lots:)!!  Like Noah's Ark, there are two of every kind(I'm only showing you two...I made a bunch of each:)!!)...most of them you will be able to figure out how to make...some things I'll explain.  I made them easy and fast, reading comments last year that tags are thrown away, so not to spend too much time on them, but wanted something that didn't LOOK like it only took a couple minutes to make:)!!...Here they are...

 I used the Simon Says Stamp Medium Tags for all these tags.  These first ones, I made longer by letting the die go part way through my Big Shot, then turning the paper around and extending the space, then taking it part way through the other side of the die.  The stripes were made using the striped stamp from the Simon Says Stamp Tag Sayings stamp set.  The middle circles are from SSS Circles for the Holidays.
 I was definitely in a "love" mode....as you will see!  The same striped stamp and the LOVE stamp from the same set in Christmas colors.  I die cut the hearts from SSS Large Holiday Shapes die, and I coated the hearts with glossy accents.

 I adhered ribbon to a piece of paper and die cut a bunch of christmas trees with the SSS Suspension Tree die.  I used the SSS Falling Snow stencil with Embossing Paste on a couple pieces of paper, let dry, and then die cut all the tags at one time.

 SSS Maryanne snowflake dies with glitter on kraft.

 Used some freebie pattern paper that I got with an order, it's Bo Bunny from the Mistletoe collection.  I die cut the same trees as above, but cut out a heart (SSS Holiday Shapes) on each over the area of red on the tag, tree popped up.  Added a sentiment from SSS Handwritten Greetings in versa mark/white  or stamped in black/clear embossed.

 Used the same love  and hearts as above,  the "Christmas" sentiment from SSS Happy Meowday stamp set. The paper is My Mind's Eye purchased at Michael's.   The frames around the tags are from SSS Tag Sayings, as many of the above stamps.  Dotted the hearts with glossy accents.

Did the same as above, with the cut out hearts, but added another sentiment on glittery striped paper from Michael's

On these last two, I extended the "LOVE" tag and made it a little longer.  The stripes are made using the striped stamp from the Tag Sayings stamp set, like those above, then die cutting with Papertrey Ink letter dies. Two stamped stripes will make the 4 letters...super easy.   Love that the letters are long and thin. Encased the striped letters in a green tag.  The "JOY" is done in semi shiny gold paper, encased in red paper.

All the tags have a back on them...
the stamps ALSO from the  SSS Tag Sayings set.  More to follow in November, I'm sure:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags!
    Love the Christmas colors!
    See you next time!
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad everyone is starting their Christmas cards and tags! I love the tags you have created and you gave us such a great lineup of tags. I agree that we should keep them simple as most people end up throwing them away. But when they are so cute and adorable - I don't know how anyone could not want to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tags! I am always looking for ideas. I give so many away to family & friends to use on Christmas gifts. I make a bunch before Christmas but then to extend the Christmas season a bit for myself (& relax and enjoy!), I make a bunch after Christmas using my scraps of Christmas paper - these end up being most of the those that I give away before the next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great tags. Thanks for sharing all your ideas! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tags are spectacular!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute. It is hard to make something only to have it tossed in the trash! These may be keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a LOT of gorgeous tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you were really on a roll with the tags. They are all so festive and fun. I've made 3x3 cards as gift sets. You make me want to make tags :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa