Saturday, June 12, 2021

Rainbow Panels

I have made five, five paneled cards using one of the very pretty new Simon Says Stamp Embossing folders from their new Rainbows release, and some wonderful CZ Design sentiments...
 I simply embossed five different colored papers in the Wildflower Field embossing folder.  I then cut all five of them at the very same measurements.  I used them in their rainbow order on all five cards, with slight variations in the backgrounds as well as the sentiments. 
The first one, I used all black in the background with a white sentiment.

The second one, is all white with a black die cut "hello".  


The third one, I used a white card, black background around the panels and a black sentiment .

The fourth one, I used an all white backgr0und and white sentiment.  I  layered this one, so I was able to wrap the floss around the whole colored panel, and not having to figure out how to wrap it around each panel individually.  

For the fifth and last one, I made it with a white background between the panels, with black on the far left and right, with a white die cut sentiment.  There are SO many variant possibilities when making cards like these.  Instead of rainbow, you could use so many color combos...my daughter said ombre would be cool...and the background has endless possibilities!  
I love when you can get FIVE cards from ONE thought!  These were alot of fun!!
Thanks so much for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. I love how you used the embossing folder with this technique! And the colors are so cheerful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are fabulous! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever!!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so nice thank you fir sharing, love your style 💃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to make several cards when you need them right away. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful set of cards! I clicked through your link to place an order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 21, 2022

    Could you tell me the width of your strips please. I’ve been m sing around and do not come up even on each side. Would really appreciate it. I would like to try this style card. Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry...just saw this comment today. I cut each colored panel the same...first cut, the one on the farthest right, 3/4", 3/4", 1", 3/4", 1", so as you are looking at the card: 1", 3/4", 1", 3/4", 3/4". Hope this makes sense and helps

      Delete
  8. AnonymousJune 17, 2022

    Just recieved my embossing folder today, I cannot wait to use it today with same bold colours you used. Stunning cards

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa