Monday, January 25, 2021

Plan B for the Butterfly

I LOVE butterflies.  Simon Says Stamp came out with a stamp set with some beautiful butterfly images in their Butterfly Kisses stamp/die set from the Love You release!  I especially love the Monarch image, so I made a simple card showcasing this beautiful butterfly... 
Truth be told, this polka dotted panel was a scrap piece of paper, just the right size for, and was supposed to showcase this butterfly in Box card, but it just didn't work..the butterfly was a bit too big to make a boxcard with the idea I had in mind.  So I went to Plan B and used the panel for a simply designed card card.  I used a kind of whimsical fonted sentiment stamp from the Simon Freestyle Flowers stamp set...just liked it, and it fit in the heart die cut perfectly. The polka dotted panel, again, was made for a box card, so it's size was disproportionate for an A2 card, but again, I just liked how it looked!!  I popped up the panel on the card, and done!  Here's a close up...
Just a little tip:  When I got done coloring the butterfly, the shiny embossing had turned dull.  I turned on my heat gun and went over the entire butterfly with the heat gun, and voila...shiny once more!  
So much fun...this card makes me happy!!
Thanks for stopping by, today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa