Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Little Flying Unicorn

I used the adorable new Simon Says Stamp Unicorn Love stamp set, from their newest Let's Connect release, to make a card...
When I saw this set, I fell in love with the sweet and adorable little unicorns!  I knew I wanted the unicorn to fly...only thing is, didn't know how.  I thought...I's LOVE to see him/her flying with a slider, over the sentiment banner...but didn't have any slider dies.  SO,  I made my own!  I used one of the dies from the older Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills die set, partially cutting with the die twice, right above/below each other, then cut out the middle piece.  I had to partial cut, as the die is much longer than what I wanted/needed.  I then put raised glue squares and strips around the opening, wide enough to fit the penny that would weigh the unicorn and help him move.  Not shown, I also put a thin strip on the other side of the penny, attached to the unicorn, to keep the unicorn flying straight along the track.  Here's the back of the track...
The black panel, I had splattered some watered down white ink, and added some sparkly silver stars.  I stamped and hand cut out the unicorn and the star banner.  I colored the unicorn with markers and used my Wink of Stella marker brush on the uniorn's mane and the stars on the banner, for some glitter, to give it some real "sparkle"!!   Here's a close up of the unicorn's sparkle...

I also took a short video of the "flying" unicorn...

If you have an idea, watch some videos(I did for the penny idea), get some inspiration, and try to see if you can make your idea come to life...it's so much fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. It's another fabbo card. You are so creative. I love that you made the unicorn not spin as it moved along the track. I didn't know that was possible. I'm off to try it now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa