Sunday, May 17, 2020

A Rainbow of Bear Hugs

I sent a card to my daughter last week, and my 2 year old grandbaby carried it around with her all day.  I decided that I would make a card for my little Isla!  I used the new very cool Simon Says Stamp Quintuple Slider die from the newest Sunny Days Ahead release, a rainbow of papers...
...and some adorable little bear hug surprises...
This card came together over a two day stretch of time.  I had no idea what I was doing, but kind of knew what I wanted to do.  The die is very easy to put together and there are lots of videos for that on Simon's store website underneath the picture of the die.  My challenge came with design.  I knew I wanted a rainbow of colored papers, and die cut bears.   I cut the rainbow of papers in strips either exactly 1/4" or 7/16" so they would fit in each slot of the slider die cut.  The die has two heights for the five moving lines.  I adhered the  adorable die cut bears either at their heads or at their bottoms, to make them all line up at the same height  when they pop up.  Then, I used pop up dots 1/16" on the slider side, 1/8" on the bear side to give the top and bottom room to move.  I doubled the pull up die cut, adhering a second die cut to the first after I got the slider working, to hopefully give the card a little bit of a longer life with a 2yr old pulling on it😁.  The letters are from CZ Design's Archie Jr Solid Alphabet dies...I thought their size and look went perfectly with the little bears. 
I DID make a couple mistakes, both having to do with the pull tab.  I didn't leave enough room to SEE it very well, before pulling up on it.   Then, I  made my card 5 1/2" long, not accounting for the height of the pull tab.    Neither was big enough to start over, but enough to tell you about.  I had watched Jennifer McGuire's video, and she HAD talked about cutting your card shorter to account for the tab, but I totally forgot. 
 Thank you to those of you who make videos!!  I don't get to watch many, but what I do watch, are so helpful and insightful, and I so appreciate!! 
 Here's a 10 second video I took of the card in action...
Hope you are all doing well in your part or the world....hang in!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So cute. I admire your perseverance. The end result is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Waiting (impatiently) for my order with this die to ship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card. Very speial!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa