Saturday, October 26, 2019

White and Gold Christmas

I used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp's Ornamental Wreath die from their new release, Cheer and Joy, to make a white Christmas card with just a touch of gold...
 I die cut the wreath twice, once for the main panel, and one as an underneath layer.  I pushed all the leaves up(they are designed as partial die cuts), so they would stand out from the card, and then die cut the berries of the die in a muted gold.  I didn't want super shiny, but wanted the gold of the berries to match the gold of the sentiment, which is from the new Simon Holiday Greetings Mix 1 stamp set...stamped with versamark and gold embossed.  Here's a close up...
Ahhhhh....the simplicity, in color and design...Merry Christmas, indeed!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I see holiness and treasure in your card. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. So simple, yet elegant. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly elegant! Have a question about the gold berries: since you said you die cut them separately, did you glue those on to the wreath individually? Sounds like a lot of work...or am I missing something??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Marilyn, I did adhere them separately...and it really didn't seem so bad. BUT...if I had to do it over again, I would simply run adhesive tape all over the wreath of the second layer, with all the berries still intact. Adhere that under the top layer(having all the berries removed). THEN, you die cut the gold, place the gold wreath over the top of the top white layer, and push all the gold berries into the holes of the top layer. This way, there is already adhesive waiting for each of them:):)!! Hope that makes sense...and maybe sounds a bit easier?...thanks for asking:)!!

      Delete
    2. Lisa, thanks for answering my question...so few do that and I appreciate it! I think might be something I have to see before I really understand it... It's just so lovely and would love to do something similar...next year!

      Delete
  4. I have only recently found your work...through a post on SCS I think. I love clean and simple cards and this one adds a touch of haute elegance too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa