Friday, March 24, 2017

Borders of Daisies

I have been intrigued with the Simon Says Stamp Envelope Liner die set that came out in a Simon release late last year since I purchased it...I FINALLY decided to use a border die from the very cool set, and made a card that expands the possibility of the die...
The die is really intended for an envelope, so it doesn't reach all the way from one side of a card to the other.  I thought...hmmm...how could I not only get it to go from one end of the card to the other, but also make it a bit more "filling" on the card...SO...in pictures, this is what I did to extend the die...
I die cut three rows of the die and then took the die, and placed it over the last remaining die cut flower on the panel in each row,  positioning securely, fastening it down, then die cutting it...and voila...a die that cuts to the end of the card!  I used enamel accents to dot each of the flowers with a yellow center and added a layered Simon die cut sentiment.  Here's a close up...
I have ideas for a couple more of these dies...stay tuned:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea. Thanks for the great instructions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and a brilliant idea to stretch the use of the die! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to stretch this die as it's SO expensive! Love your application..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of hard work but paid off. Fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and summery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Now I will purchase the die set. I have looked at it SO many times, but couldn't justify the price just for envelopes. Now I see many uses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love this card. Great technique. Hope I have something like this to try this out right away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative way to use this small die. The card is amazing, elegant and
    So pretty!!!! Lo ve it.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa