Monday, January 5, 2015

Coloring on Colored Paper

I had told you after New Year's I would share what I got for Christmas...well, this is my one gift I REALLY wanted...
My daughter took a panoramic of the SIX TRAYS of pencils...this pic is only a portion of the 4 lower trays...
 I don't own any copic markers, but I LOVE my Prismacolor Pencils for coloring!  I HAD 70 colors, but found that for flowers and such, there weren't really a whole lot of colors and shades in the 70 colors.  Cyber Monday saw a great deal at Jerry's Artarama...so I upped my color palette to 150 colors...more than doubling my pencils with this new set!!   And although I know I often use purples and blues when coloring, I was drawn to color on colored paper, so was a bit more picky about colors that would be intense on the dark colors...I am going simple and easy....LOVING these pencils!!!...
 Three colors of purple on a white embossed kraft panel.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum with purple ink and clear embossed.  Added two shades of enamel dots in yellow.

 Used just two shades of blues on this one on white embossed dark gray panel.  Added enamel dots, twine and an elongated tag with a sentiment stamped with versamark and white embossed.  I added texture to the panel by embossing with texture plate.  OK...so much fun...LOVE!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. I have prismas, but they've never looked this good! I'm inspired to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ardyth, my Prismacolor pencil coloring never, ever looks this good. Congratulations on your new pencils, I can't wait to see what else you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look wonderful, Lisa. Have fun playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing!! These colour pencils look fantastic against those two background and so vivid too! Is it really just the pencils? I must reconsider buying copics and think about getting prismacolor pencils ! Thank you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Lisa, the colours are stunning on these backgrounds, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, these are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are beautiful Lisa! Love your blog, you're amazing! Happy new year to you! Tami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is beautiful. The flowers really pop on the colored backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing! You didn't even use Gamsol! I don't have any Copics either but I use Gamsol with my Prismacolors and it looks quite good. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards. They are a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the big set of Prismacolor Pencils and hardly ever use them. I love this look on the colored cardstock. I've seen it done a few times in the past on the kraft, but seeing how pretty it looks on the gray makes me want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are not a Copic girl Lisa? I love how you colored these flowers. So vibrant. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super gift you were given, and such talent you have to put that gift to creative use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, obviously a couple of years late, but really love what you've done with our Blossom Bunch! We've always loved Prismacolor pencils, they are just the best! Thanks so much for sharing with our stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa