Pages

▼

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Sending Cheer Blog Hop~Day 2!

 I am so happy to be a part of today's Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop~Day 2 at the Simon Blog, celebrating their newest release,  Sending Cheer! I have used one of the beautiful new die and stencil sets, to make two cards to send cheer for a birthday and the Fall season!...
I took the picture above after I had just made my card...Here's an updated, more "formal" picture...
I loved this wreath the minute I saw it!  I did use it a little differently than perhaps it was designed for,  but that's what's so wonderful about it!!  I first used the stencil, and brushed on the color for the wreath. Then I used the die that cuts out the whole wreath, and die cut the wreath.  I then took the wreath, and adhered it to the detailed wreath, as I wanted the detail in the leaves, that only the detailed wreath could give.  Only thing was, I didn't want to cut each individual leaf...so, I embossed the wreath.  I ran it through my Big Shot with my embossing pads.  Now, with the leaves embossed and having detail, I used the detailed frame, to make two frames to adhere over the top of my wreath.  I used the general die, once more, to make another die cut wreath to layer on the bottom of the wreath.  Now, I die cut the flowers, colored, and adhered to the wreath.  I framed it, and colored the outside piece the same as the flowers.  I adhered it to a panel with a stamped and silver embossed sentiment.  I added some colored enamel dots, and here's a close up...

The second one was done like the first, with differernt colored leaves, different flowers, and a different occasion....
I chose the sunflowers for this card, with darker leaves for the wreath.  I also used a  label slide stamp and die for the sentiment .  Here's a close up...
Okay...as I always like to say, I had SO much fun making my cards...love this wreath stencil and it's dies... they are SO wonderful!!  My fun was above, your fun is below!

Simon is generously giving a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from our comment sections, so the more hop blogs you comment on, the more chances you will have to win!  Winners will be chosen and posted on the Simon Blog, so make sure you check the Simon Blog to see if you are a winner!!  You will find out how to redeem your prize when the winners are posted!
The list of participants in today's hop are listed below... 
                                     Lisa Addesa<-----You are Here!
Just to let you know...as you read in the title of this post, this is day 2 of 2 blog hops, celebrating this release!  SO...there was another blog hop yesterday...and that gives you more projects with wonderful inspiration!  Hope you check out that hop at the Simon Blog,  and be inspired! ALSO...don't forget the offer in the banner at the top of the post!  You will automatically receive the *not yet released* Hedge Hugs stamp set, when you make any purchase from the Sending Cheer release!  The offer is only good until the end of the day on October 11th while supplies last, so don't wait!  Thank you so much for stopping by and "keep hopping"...hugs!  

      Lisa

47 comments:

  1. I love love love the black eyed susans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when folks teach us about the possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful Happy Birthday wreath card - Love the colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve always loved your style of cards and appreciate your willingness to share your techniques. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful versatility of the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate the fact that you showed the wreath 2 different ways. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love seeing the same die bit totally different looks. The first one is so lovely, the second , cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow the wreath looks like stained glass, that's so cool how the border does that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon LashleyOctober 10, 2026

    These are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa LeftrickOctober 10, 2026

    Love these! CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely wreath cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The inlaid look is a detail I know I'll be seeing in my head when I go into my craft space ... for days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great versatility of that die. Great cards🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty cards. I love how you dressed up the wreath on the second card with the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wreath card! The flowers are adorable! Thank you for sharing how you put the card together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trisha HillOctober 10, 2026

    Beautiful cards! I love the look of that outline!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the different wreath looks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beautiful cards with that wreath. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your two beautiful cards are outstanding. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us
    and I definitely am going to get the wreath dies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Denise BryantOctober 10, 2026

    Love the wreath and flowers! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your stained glass affect on these wreaths

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dee earnshawOctober 10, 2026

    beautiful designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two pretty cards. Surprising how different they look in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both cards - so cool to see how you can change it just by changing which flower you use!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two stunning wreath cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kayla MaplesOctober 10, 2026

    I love these cards!! The dimension really elevates the wreath too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards always speak to me! They are clean and simple and just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The white outline looks really sweet. Nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is the great thing about these products. You do NOT have to use them for what they may have been designed for. Love your cards. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  31. Janice StovallOctober 10, 2026

    I, too, love this wreath die! So versatile! Love what you've done with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, wow, wow!!!! Fantastic!! I love how these look!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  33. Erica SchedelOctober 10, 2026

    I just love this technique- so beautiful. ericaschedel@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous wreaths! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful wreath cards, love the one with sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this cheerful wreath. Anybody would love to receive this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I adored that wreath too! Gorgeous colors, love the 2 different looks! Simply Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What beautiful cards! That wreath is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks so much for going into detail as to how you made your wreath. It's always great to be able to read the details rather than to sit and try to figure out the best way to achieve similar results, especially when it would be between cutting out each leaf OR embossing the wreath as you did. One wreath die/stencil, two totally different cards, well done. It's a toss up for me between the frame or the popped up panel with the slider die for your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love them both! I'm especially taken by the perfect color balance in each card. You found the perfect green for the fall wine colored flowers, and the perfect summer green for the sunflowers. Thank you for examples!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful cards-loved this die in the release!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the white outline on both wreaths. They really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful, Lisa. I love the colors you chose for the "traditional" wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wreath cards always and ever attract me. Love your sunflower one.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely wreaths. I love wreath cards because they offer so many ways to decorate them.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa